Thursday, June 4, 2009

Obama's Speech / God = Love

So I saw the Obama speech at Cairo, Eygpt this morning. I really enjoyed it. I loved how he ended his speech with three different quotes from the Koran, the Torah, and the Holy Bible which all spoke about peace amongst all nations.

The Holy Koran tells us, "O mankind! We have created you male and a female; and we have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another."

The Talmud tells us: "The whole of the Torah is for the purpose of promoting peace."

The Holy Bible tells us, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."

Despite the many things we disagree on, There is one thing that God wants to make sure everyone knows and that is we need to promote peace and love. This one of my favorite bible verses, "Above all Love each other deeply, because love covers over a multiude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

0 comments: